Schedule for Related Events of the World Forum for Media and Culture
Site 1: Softopia Japan Center, 4-1-7 Kagano, Ogaki, Gifu
International Art and Media Symposium
Dates: March 13-14 (Thursday and Friday), 1997
Place: Ogaki Softopia Japan Center, 1st Floor, Seminar Hall
Convenor:World Forum for Media and Culture Committee
Day 1: Interactive Art: Present and Future
Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday, March 13, 1997
･Internet demonstration: Henry See uses Netscope, the new browser from Merz.com
･Talks by Volunteers from among the Artists exhibiting at The Interaction'97
Day 2: The Evolution of Life and Consciousness in the Information Age
Time: 1-4 p.m., Friday, March 14, 1997
- Kei Nagano(Chief Research Fellow of Kawai Institute for Culture and Education, Cultural Bio Science)
Site 2: IAMAS Multimedia Workshop, Ryoke-cho 3-95, Ogaki
- Panel members:
- Satoru Ikeuchi(Professor, Osaka University, Theoretical Astrophysics)
- Osamu Sakura(Associate Professor, Yokohama National University, Evolutional Biology)
- Hisashi Muroi(Associate Professor, Yokohama National University, Cultural Theory)
- Hisatake Katou(Professor, Kyoto University, Environmental Ethics)
Internet Live of International Art and Media Symposium
Mail/Fax the following information to the International Academy of Media Arts and Sciences.
Date, Address, Name, Occupation, Telephon, Fax, e-mail.
The mail/fax must be arrived on or before March 5th.
We will send entrance ticket in return as soon as possible. Please contact us if the return mail does not arrive until March 10th.
If you would like to registrate by e-mail please send us the information same as above.
The dead line is 9th of March.
In case the number of applicants exceeds our capacity, we will limit participants by drawing. Mail and fax entries are given top proiority.
- Send to:
- International Academy of Media Arts and Sciences
- Ryoke-cho 3-95, Ogaki, Gifu, Japan
Further information IAMAS office TEL: 0584-75-6600 FAX: 0584-75-6637 E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org