To apply, be sure to meet with the teacher you would like to advise your research and apply by the deadline along with the application fee.
- 1) Research Student Enrollment Application（PDF・Word）
- 2) Research Plan（PDF・Word）
- 3) Research Guidance Approval Certificate（PDF）
- 4) Proof of graduation and transcript from the last school you attended
Any other documents the IAMAS president deems necessary
※If your native language is not Japanese, you must pass the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test N2 (N1 is preferred), or have scored a 240 or higher on the listening and reading section and a 30 or higher on the writing sectionof the EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students).
Envolope for sending in the result of the entrance examination: you must attach 664 yen worth of stamps (including registered express mail) in a standard sized envolope (23.5cm x 12cm) and cleary write your name and adress. Write on the front of the envelope in red, "Research student selction reselts."
Additionally, applicants who are currently employed (including those working for the government) must submit the following documents:
- 1) Written agreement affirming the applicant is applying to be a research student to engage in personal reserearch
- 2) Written agreement from your work supervisor affirming that you are not applying to be a research student as part of a work-related project
- 3) Written agreement from your work supervisor affirming your workplace consents to you enrolling in IAMAS as a research student while working for them
The aplication must be sent via registered express mail from a post office. (must be postmarked within the aplication period).
Where to send you application:
〒503-0006 Gifu Prefecture, Oogaki City, Kagano 4 Chome 1 banchi 7 Instatute Institute of Advanced Media Arts and Sciences Registration Office